Sunday, August 06, 2006

Why does this always happen to me ???

It would have been a rather eventful weekend; Few of my colleagues joined together this weekend for a get away to Little Miami River. It was a nice and sunny, no scorching heat, cool breeze in the woods, just about perfect for an outdoor activity like canoeing.


The stream was very shallow - almost like back waters in Kerala. We rented canoe and set out on a downstream journey of about 6 miles. I paired with a mallu friend of mine, thought it was a safe bet considering. I hadn’t done any serious canoeing for as far as I could remember. A couple of laps and I figured - our mans rowing skills were as good as his mallu flavored accent.


The first mile took more than an hour with breaks to get the canoe on track and breaks to guzzle some bud light. Trust me there is nothing like sitting in a canoe and sipping beer on a nice sunny day. All seemed well until we bumped into these gentlemen who seemed to be in a slight inebriated state.


I guess one of the gentlemen wanted to have a crack us at or was he actually on crack? I am not sure what he was on but from nowhere he turned our canoe upside down. All of a sudden I found myself stuck underneath the very canoe where I was sipping beer seconds ago. I managed to swim back only to be all drenched, wouldn’t have bothered if it were only me that was wet…drenched with me was my digicam. And the guy says he was just having fun., his few seconds of fun cost me quite a fortune. The mallu warrior with me lost his rayban. And another friend of mine lost his Palm PDA. Talk about collateral damage.


What was supposed to be a calm, serene get away turned into a big big tragedy. Thanks to a few drunken orangutans. In retrospect, I think, I should have been smart enough to drop my camera in the car. But again I wouldn’t have been pissed if I had lost the digicam due to my own negligence.

And yeah pls dont ask me why i haven't posted any pics…

5 Comments:

Blogger maverick said...

Why havn't you posted any pics? ;)

12:09 AM  
Blogger Arun Anantharaman said...

Yo dude,too bad about the camera. Well, at least you can swim! :)

Saw your comment, couldn't visit earlier thanks to our large-hearted ISPs who block off blospot now and again.

Keep blogging!

4:41 AM  
Blogger Sunil B said...

@maverick: well next time when i dont loose my digicam.

@arun: Wonder why they do it, i thought this was a one time affair after mumbai blasts.

@shwetha: Yep my phonez gone too..

9:25 AM  
Blogger Bharath Kumar said...

ouch.. too bad... was this the new camera which you just bought replacing the one u dropped in water a while back ??

5:18 PM  
Blogger Sunil B said...

@Bharath:No it was my old one..

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home