Wednesday, August 02, 2006

One Full Year

It’s been exactly one year since I have landed in Cincinnati, which also means that its been an year since I have been home.

Things I miss

  • Booze @ Tavern grub at Imperial/Rolls at Fanoos (Zaks special with kaboos at zaks cant be missed either)
  • Idly at SLV, Dosa at Vidyarthi Bhavan
  • Free reading at Oxford laced with a quiche at Cha Bar (Barnes and Noble doesn’t come anywhere close)
  • Fortnightly doze of Formula 1 and weekly doze of EPL
  • Shereen Bhan, Maneka Dua and party (Rajdeep Sardesai too considering how annoying he can get - 'Do you believe it could have been done in this way Mr.Yadav')
  • Meghana Naidu and all the item girls
  • The Wall – Boy did I miss the most eventful period where Dravid grew in stature as a batsmen and a captain
  • Papa Pandu* – Did find a replacement in Everybody Loves Raymond
  • Boys at Bangalore

Things I would rather miss

  • Traffic, Traffic and more Traffic
  • Humble but ever so lost for words of Kumaranna

Verdict, things I miss far out number things I would rather miss…I guess its time I head back home…a break would indeed be good…but summers not bad either!

* A popular Kannada Sitcom

4 Comments:

Blogger maverick said...

just sit tight there. i agree vacation is needed but i'm quite sure about the cribs i'll hear as soon as land up in bangalore.

3:55 PM  
Blogger Sunil B said...

@maverick: Best of both world .. guess thats not possible, cribs yeah quite possible!!

@shwetha: I think you are closing an year too.

1:29 PM  
Blogger Jaya Chavhan said...

Do drive that Porsche C4 in Grand Canyon before you head back... then we can sit at the tavern.

5:31 AM  
Blogger Sunil B said...

@Jaya
Have tried the Mustang GT...so next in line would be a Corvette. Again i dont think i can rent a corvette anywhere. Porsche C4 i see a lot of them around ...that the best i can get of Porsche

2:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home